Our Rule of Life
Summary of Our Rule
As disciples of Christ and members of the Companions of the Holy Spirit, we are committed to:
Loving God, loving our neighbors, and loving our enemies;
Working and ministering within the local community in the service of others and those in need;
Praying without ceasing as our daily office.
View the full text of our rule as PDF.
The Twelve Marks of New Monasticism
1) Relocation to the abandoned places of Empire.
2) Sharing economic resources with fellow community members and the needy among us.
3) Hospitality to the stranger.
4) Lament for racial divisions within the Church and our communities combined with the active pursuit of a just reconciliation.
5) Humble submission to Christ’s body, the Church.
6) Intentional formation in the way of Christ and the rule of the community along the lines of the old novitiate.
7) Nurturing common life among members of intentional community.
8) Support for celibate singles alongside monogamous married couples and their children.
9) Geographical proximity to community members who share a common rule of life.
10) Care for the plot of God’s earth given to us along with support of our local economies.
11) Peacemaking in the midst of violence and conflict resolution within communities along the lines of Matthew 18.
12) Commitment to a disciplined contemplative life.
Andersen, Josh. “The 12 Marks of a New Monasticism.” Sojourners.